Posted On: January 27, 2020
Operating out of Toronto (Islington Subway Station), we are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our team. The Staff Accountant will support our finance team by excelling at customer service, being well-organized and detail-oriented. Once completed the in-house training, the successful candidate will need to be able to work under strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Processing accounts payable invoices & accounts receivable payments.
- Bank reconciliation
- HST preparation and basic experience working with CRA
- Experience with commission calculation
- Processing credit card payments
- Processing daily bank deposits
- Providing ongoing support to customers and vendors
- Collection of outstanding accounts receivable
- Should have experience with accounting software and Microsoft Office (preferably Excel Pivot Tables)
This job is for someone who:
- Minimum 3-years experience in full-cycle accounting
- Mathematical and accounting skills
- The ability to function with minimum supervision
- A positive outlook and willingness to learn new things in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Professional demeanour and excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in either accounting, finance or business administration
- Willing to work full-time hours (35hrs/week)
What you get:
- Compensation Package: $45,000 to $50,000 per year
- Health/Dental benefits after completing a three month probation period
Self Management Group (SMG) is an industry leader in pre-employment psychometric assessment tools. SMG offers a variety of tools, technology and consultative services that help organizations attract, select and develop top-performing employees.