Data Engineer (6 Month Contract)
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing team on a 6-month contract (permanent employment is a possibility, but not guaranteed). As a Data Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to have high impact by advancing our data design, systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to solve customer and business problems. You will also play a key role in developing tools and abstractions that our other developers will build on top of.
How you can make an impact
- Collaborate and produce a robust, highly performant data pipeline including data ingestion, transformation, aggregation, and storage of data for analysis and modeling
- Design our system for ingesting, processing, analyzing, and serving up enhanced datasets and customer insights broadly in the organization.
- Bring the experience and know-how to keep our data pipeline operations on rails
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science products
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field required
- Working with AWS/Google cloud platforms
- Manipulating large data sets
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new datasets quickly
- Advanced understanding of statistics, data structures, predictive algorithms and their applicability
- Creative mindset to engineer features and propose innovative ways to leverage data
- Ability to visualize data and present core insights in a clear and compelling way
- Desire to collaborate with local and remote teams
- Excellent leadership, written and verbal communication, analysis, design, development, and collaborative problem-solving skills
About Self Management Group
SMG is a leader in talent management solutions, partnering with clients worldwide to help them attract, select, retain, and develop top potential employees. Now the largest sales profiling company in the world, our online system is available 24/7, 365 days a year in 45 countries and in over 40 languages.
We have over 35 years ongoing research into the factors that make people successful.
Through our millions of profiles of people from over 3,500 organizations, we have developed highly sophisticated ways to measure these success factors using a variety of proprietary normative profiles.